[Proud of Hangeul, the world's common, unified script] Did you know that among the many scripts in the world, Hangeul, the Korean alphabet, is the only scripture that has the ability to express words of many countries in it’s own unique language/writing? English, Chinese, and Russian can be perfectly translated into Hangeul. If you ask a group of first graders in Korea to read a foreign text written in Hangeul, they will be able to read it almost perfectly without hesitation.
Wow - is this true? If you don't believe me, try it. I challenge you to bring forward a script from any country that you believe is the best in the world and of course, better than Hangul. On October 1st through 4th of 2023, linguists from 27 countries around the world, with languages including English, Russian, German, Vietnamese, Ugandan, etc., gathered in Bangkok, Thailand, to proudly present their native language. The Korean script, Hangeul, placed first, taking home the gold medal.

There is only one script that can replace the scripts of all the countries in the world and that is Hangeul. Therefore, because all foreign words can be written in Hangeul, we can clearly state that Hanguel is the world's common and unified script. In the future, if all the scripts of various countries in the world are discarded and Hangeul becomes the official language, we will be able to achieve world peace. If you're reading this, please compare the scripts of your country with the Hangeul and think about it. There are a lot of twisty, starry, dizzying scripts in the world, aren't there? Think about it. Take a moment to realize that Hangul is the easiest to write, the easiest to read, and the easiest to learn.

Nowadays, English has become the world's common language, and even when non-English speaking countries teach English for 12 years in elementary, middle, and high school, it is difficult for people to fluently speak English. However, if you learn the Korean alphabet, Hangeul, in just one month, not even a year, you will be able to write your family's name in Hangeul, and be able to write any words from your mother tongue language in Hangeul. If you ask a Korean elementary school student to read what you just wrote, they will immediately be able to speak your language without hesitation by merely reading what you have written. And if you don't believe me, try it yourself. Wow. You can stop any passerby and ask them, and they would agree with me. What do you think? Wouldn't you like to learn such an easy-to-learn, easy-to-read, easy-to-write, Hangeul? What if you could replace your country's characters with such a convenient Korean character, Hangeul? Think deeply about it and I am sure you will agree that it deserves to be the world's common, unified script.

When King Sejong the Great created Hangeul, he symbolically claimed it to be a god. If all the twisty scripts of all countries are scrapped and Hangeul is made the national language, I believe world peace can be achieved. Long live Hangeul, the world's unified script!
(24.8.15 Written by Hangeul scholar

Kim Young Cheol /Dongguri / <yckim711@hanmail.net>

Translated by his granddaughter, Jung Min Ji)

[세계공용통일문자 ᄒᆞᆫ글의 자랑]

세상에 많고 많은 문자 중 자기네 나라 문자로 세계여러 나라 말을 적어낼 수 있는 문자는 오직 대한민국의 ᄒᆞᆫ글밖에 없다는 사실을 아십니까?. 영어든 중국어든 러시아어도 ᄒᆞᆫ글로 완벽하게 번역해 낼 수 있습니다이렇게 각국의 언어를 ᄒᆞᆫ글로 적어 놓은 글을 한국의 어느 초등학교 1학년 생들로 하여금 읽어보라고하면 서슴없이 거의 완벽하게 읽을 낼 수 있습니다.

와아 사실일까못 믿어우시면 실제로 시험해 보시라이처럼 세상에 가장 우수하다는 어떠한 나라 문자라도 ᄒᆞᆫ글보다 더 나은 문자가 있으면 나와 보라고 하세요. 2023 10 1 ~ 4일까지 태국 방콕에서 전 세계 영어러시아어독일어뻬트남어,이디오피아어그리고 우간다어 등 27개국 언어학자들이 모국의 문자를 자랑하기 위해 자기네 나라 문자를 가지고 방콕에 모여 심사한 결과 한국의 문자 ᄒᆞᆫ글(Hangeul) 1위에 올라 금메달을 따 냈습니다.

세상의 모든 나라 언어를 대신한 문자는 오직 ᄒᆞᆫ글밖에 없습니다그래서 ᄒᆞᆫ글은 세상 모든 나라 언어를 ᄒᆞᆫ글로 적어낼 수있어 세계 공용통일문자라고 말할 수 있습니다장차 세상 여러나라의 문자를 다 폐기하고 ᄒᆞᆫ글로 국자(國字)를 삼아 ᄒᆞᆫ글로 통일하면 세계평화를 쉬 이룩할 수있습니다이 글을 읽고 있는 귀하의 나라 문자와 ᄒᆞᆫ글을 비교해 보고 깊이 생각해 보시기 바랍니다세상에는 정말 꼬불꼬불하게 뒤엉긴 별별 어지러운 문자가 많지요한번 깊이 생각해 보세요세상에 가장 쓰기 편하고 가장 읽기 쉽고가장배우기 쉬운 문자가 ᄒᆞᆫ글이라는 사실을 알고 한번 돌아보시기 바랍니다요즘 세상에는 은연 중에 영어가 세계 공용 문자처럼 되어 각국의 초고등학교에서 영어를 12년을 배워도 영어를 제대로 말하기 어려운데한국의 문자 ᄒᆞᆫ글은 단 1년이 아니라단 한 달 만 배워도 방금배운 ᄒᆞᆫ글로 자기네 가족 이름을 적어낼수 있고 방금배운 ᄒᆞᆫ글로 귀하의 나라 말 한 마디 안녕하세요? - 한마디를 들려주고 ᄒᆞᆫ글로 쓰라고 하면 즉시 써낼수 있고말할 수도 있습니다이렇게 방금 쓴 글을 한국의 어느 초등학생더러 읽어보라고 하면 서슴없이즉시 귀하의 나라 말을 할 수 있습니다못 믿어우시면 지금 바로 시험해 볼수도 있습니다우와아정말일까지나가는 아무나 행인을 붙들고 물어보아도 그렇다고 대답 할 것입니다어때요이렇게 배우기 쉽고 읽기 쉽고 쓰기 쉬운 ᄒᆞᆫ글을 배워보고싶지 않으세요이렇게 편한 ᄒᆞᆫ글로 귀하의 나라 문자를 바꾸면 어떨까요한번 생각해 보세요과연 세계 공용통일문자가 될만하다고 인정하게 될 것입니다.

ᄒᆞᆫ글은 세종대왕께서 창제 하실 때 상징적으로 신이라고 주장하셨습니다만국의 어지러운 문자를 다 폐기하고 ᄒᆞᆫ글로 국자(나라글자)로 삼으면 세계평화를 어렵지않게 이룩할 수 있습니다세계공용 통일문자 ᄒᆞᆫ글 만,만세!

세계적인 ᄒᆞᆫ글의 발전을 위해 “시나브로  분발!”(파이팅대신 새로 개발한 격려구호입니다.)

.- ᄒᆞᆫ글학자 동구리 김영철 씀/ (yckim711@hanmail.net)

손녀 정민지 번역)- ( 24.8.25